Greetings Warrior Families!
On behalf of the Counseling Department, we want to welcome you to Thomas H. Henderson Middle School where we are “Warriors Today, Leaders Tomorrow”! The Henderson Middle School Counseling Department is dedicated to ensuring that all students achieve their full capacity academically, socially, and emotionally. We strive to create a nurturing environment where the unique skills and backgrounds of students are valued and respected. Through counseling and collaboration with staff and community stakeholders, we empower students to overcome barriers to their academic success and reach their maximum potential as lifelong globally competitive citizens.
Services provided by the Counseling Department:
· Help students navigate their classroom schedules and school building
· Consult with teachers about students’ academic achievement
· Academic advisement
· High School and post-secondary plans
· Time management, study skills, organizational skills, and more!
Social and Emotional Development
· Assist students in discovering their strengths and areas of growth
· Provide students with conflict management and problem-solving tools
· teachers with materials and resources to promote safe spaces and school community
· Short term individual and group counseling that address an array of social-emotional needs
· Preventing, intervening, and responding to crisis situations
· Consult and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to promote the well-being of students
· Provide resources to families in need of assistance
Please call the school to schedule a counseling sessions 804-780-8288 or email us at Ashunti Baylorfirstname.lastname@example.org or Jewell Briscoeemail@example.com.